Top 5 underrated and disappointing movies of 2009
Here is a list of movies I didn’t think got enough love in 2009, and movies I was really disappointed in.
Underrated
1. 500 Days of Summer
- This is getting good reviews from critics; it got Golden Globe nominations for screenplay and actor for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and might get an Oscar nomination for Original Screenplay, but it still isn’t getting enough attention. It should be talked about more for it’s ingenious screenplay and direction, and should be higher on people’s lists.
2. Taken
-This didn’t get bad reviews but it was kind of passed over as just your normal action flick. I think it’s more than that. They don’t give Liam Neeson enough credit for that role. He really makes you feel the anger and sadness he is going through in finding his daughter. So much that you don’t fault him in killing and torturing everyone that gets in his way.
3. Away We Go
-I haven’t heard many people talk about this movie and I thought it was the funniest comedy of the year. I don’t think I laughed any louder than when John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph visit the home of Maggie Gyllenhall and her husband, with their ultra hippie style. Also I though it had the best soundtrack of the year.
4. Monsters Vs. Aliens
-I feel like this movie has gotten lost in the Animation Movie shuffle. It’s not near as good as UP but still it’s a funny and fun movie to watch. I especially like all the scenes with Bob the Blob voiced by Seth Rogen.
5. Push
- I don’t think this movie got good reviews but I thought it was an interesting take on movies with people that have superhuman powers. It was kind of like a dark version of X-Men. I like the terminology they use for each other like pushers, bleeders, sniffs, watchers, and movers. I thought it had a very creative ending to it.
Disappointing
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Considering that this is one of my favorite books of the series I couldn’t believe how much they messed up this adaptation. They took out scenes that I loved in the book and they added scenes that made no sense. There were too many shots of that stupid cupboard, and they did the whole Harry and Ginny love story wrong.
Wolverine: X-Men Origins
- Wolverine is easily the best character out of the X-Men movies and is the reason those movies did so well. The story was not interesting and the action was not very good. They could, and should have done so much more with such a great character.
Knowing
- This looked like a cool sci-fi thriller with great action effects but slow pacing and a terrible ending ruined it. I don’t want to spoil the end for you but it doesn’t end well for planet Earth.
Watchmen
- It’s a nice idea for a story but goes on way too long. The violence is too disturbing and every time the big blue guy is on the screen I want to fall asleep.
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
-Being a much-anticipated sequel to the very fun movie Transformers, it did not deliver. Is it possible to have too many action scenes and explosions? This movie answers with a definite yes. It went on way too long and didn’t have enough
No comments:
Post a Comment